- RSS Channel Showcase 9750030
- RSS Channel Showcase 6322397
- RSS Channel Showcase 7902054
- RSS Channel Showcase 8585992
Articles on this Page
- 12/03/17--07:04: _Sportsbar VR's Mass...
- 12/03/17--07:04: _Treasure Raiders Fi...
- 12/03/17--07:04: _War Thunder announc...
- 12/03/17--07:04: _New mobile games re...
- 12/04/17--03:36: _Action-Adventure VR...
- 12/04/17--03:36: _MU Online Season 12...
- 12/06/17--22:38: _League of Angels II...
- 12/09/17--07:27: _Curiscope launches ...
- 12/09/17--07:27: _Saber Interactive R...
- 12/09/17--07:27: _‘Overwatch’s’ Winte...
- 12/09/17--07:27: _Grinding Gear Games...
- 12/09/17--07:27: _Kobolds & Catac...
- 12/09/17--20:03: _5 Recommended Mobil...
- 12/10/17--07:15: _Asmodee, Fantasy Fl...
- 12/10/17--07:15: _Face Off in the Tab...
- Cross-Play: Bringing PlayStation and PC together, cross-play has been introduced between the three leading platforms: Steam, Oculus Home, and PlayStation VR. Play and chat with your friends no matter which VR headset they own!
- New and Classic Games: Play the all new Chained Reaction game and see who has the fastest reflexes in 3 different game modes. Try out the all new puzzle wall, or the variety of fun games you’d find in a typical sports bar including improved darts (now with AI), improved air hockey, ramp ball, shuffleboard (now with AI) and more. Just about every classic pub game is here…all in beautiful social, realistic VR, and with daily challenges.
- Enhanced Pool Games and Modes: All seven pool tables are now playable in the bar. Play four different game types: 8 ball, 9 ball, 3 Ball and Killer in 1v1 or doubles.
- More People, More Fun: Online matches have increased to eight players, so there is more social fun to be had, but don’t worry, player audio is spatialized so if others are across the bar, you won’t hear them just like in a real bar. You can also turn on your personal space bubble to keep others from getting too close for comfort and create a sphere of calm tranquility.
- New Ticket Economy: Win tickets for games played and get daily login bonuses and happy hour multipliers to really get those tickets flowing. Use your tickets to purchase new pool cues, hats, and table skin decals.
- Improved User Interface: A completely re-designed pub with a new streamlined UI includes a mini-map for finding other players and makes moving around easier than ever. Easily switch your dominant hand, change your cue locking style, and change your ball spin control. Everything is now quickly accessible on the hand menu.
- 12/03/17--07:04: Treasure Raiders First Gameplay Revealed
- Charles is seeking to unravel the secret of his father's disappearance. He uses ice as his primary element, wielding freezing and slow effects to limit the enemies' movements. His electric weaponry can attack many enemies at once.
- Sweet young Mary conceals a terrible monster within. Her weapons and equipment can do significant damage to either large groups or focused on one powerful boss.
- Drake's vulgar exterior hides his expertise and a heart of gold. The tank of the team, Drake's weapons and equipment deliver punishing blows at short range while he absorbs incoming damage.
- The mysterious Silver Seeker hides her true identity, but provides a variety of healing powers for her team.
- Cursed baby Dr. Harry Potten must find a way to restore his former self. His tough mech provides reliable defense while shooting rockets at the enemy. He is adept at delivering both close-range and distance attacks to keep opponents on their toes.
- 12/03/17--07:04: War Thunder announces French Ground Forces
- 12/03/17--07:04: New mobile games releasing this week (Dec 3rd-10th)
- 12/04/17--03:36: MU Online Season 12: Part 2 and New Eldorado Server Go Live Tomorrow
- 12/06/17--22:38: League of Angels II debuts the new battle royal mode
- When the match begins, all players will spawn in a random location. Players have 30 seconds of preparation time until the match begins, and they can only move within a small area during this period.
- On the 5-minute mark, a Cursed Mist will appear around the battlefield. Players that stay inside this mist for 10 seconds will die immediately.
- From the 7-minute mark, the Cursed Mist will begin to close in and cover more of the battlefield.
- On the 8-minute mark, a Boss will spawn on the battlefield which, when killed, will drop all types of high quality items.
- On the 9-minute mark, the match changes to Sudden Death mode and players will no longer respawn after being killed.
- 12/09/17--07:27: Curiscope launches Operation Apex: a VR marine adventure
- 12/09/17--07:27: ‘Overwatch’s’ Winter Wonderland event returns on December 12th
- 12/09/17--07:27: Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: War for the Atlas for PC
- 12/09/17--07:27: Kobolds & Catacombs Now Open to All Hearthstone Treasure Seekers
- CHALLENGING – Tread carefully, because losing just one match will end your Dungeon Run! If you manage to complete a full run with each of the nine classes you’ll add the Candle King card back to your collection.
- REPLAYABLE – 48 unique encounters and a huge assortment of new cards were created just for this mode.
- COMPLETELY FREE – No purchase required; build a deck worthy of a hero with cards you find along your run.
- LAUNCH QUESTS – Earn free Kobolds & Catacombs packs through these quests at release:
- Quest 1: Complete a Dungeon Run
- Quest 2: Defeat 5 dungeon bosses
- NINE LEGENDARY WEAPONS – The arms race is on! Every class gets a Legendary Weapon, and all players get one free just by logging in!
- UNIDENTIFIED MAGIC ITEMS – These mysterious cards gain new powers when they enter your hand.
- SPELLSTONES – Play your Spellstone immediately, or empower it by fulfilling specific actions for a greater effect.
- FRIENDSHIP – The greatest treasure of all! Dungeon delving is dangerous, so bring your friends with the new Recruit keyword which summons a random minion from your deck.
- MORE FREE LOOT – Players who have not yet acquired Marin the Foxwill receive this free Legendary card the first time they obtain a Kobolds & Catacombs card pack. Players will also receive 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs just for logging in during the launch period!
- 12/09/17--20:03: 5 Recommended Mobile Games to Play This Week (Dec 10, 2017)
VR development specialists Perilous Orbit and Cherry Pop Games announced today that a huge new update for SportsBar VR is now available for download. SportsBar VR 2.0 offers cross-play support for Steam, Oculus Home, and Sony’s PlayStation®VR platforms, along with new features and gameplay modes. Pool, darts, air hockey and more are all part of the experience, along with some “less than standard” games, like epic trick shots, bottle throwing contests, and other sorts of unique VR-themed fun in an environment where nobody gets hurt and nobody has to clean up!
To celebrate the launch, Sports Bar VR 2.0 is on sale on for a limited time on PC platforms and is a free update to existing users on all platforms.
View the new gameplay trailer:
SportsBar VR 2.0 Features:
New gameplay details from the upcoming Treasure Raiders game were revealed. Treasure Hunters is a game that combines the best of shooter, action, and RPG genres into a free to play gaming experience for Android and iOS. The game features a humorous Japanese anime style, creating a world where ancient civilizations and sci-fi can coexist. Search for treasure, go on wild chases, avoid traps, and face formidable bosses in your adventure. With a wide variety of levels and stages and tons of weapons and equipment, players will be continually tested as they team up to clear dungeons or battle others in PvP. Treasure Hunters is expected to launch in early 2018.
Challenge Dungeons will be the main co-op events in Treasure Hunters, and players may opt for the Normal or Elite challenges. Entries for the Normal dungeons refresh daily, while Elite dungeons refresh weekly. As players progress, they will unlock the five primary event types: Raid Ruins, Biochem Crisis, Phantom of the Castle, War Games, and Return of the Dead, each featuring three stages and each with its own unique style and challenges. Clearing a dungeon offers victorious treasure hunters the chance of receiving equipment fragments, elite equipment, and big rewards! Hunter Championships offer team-based 4v4 competitions in either the Round Space or Ring Space arenas, which spawn randomly once matchmaking is complete. The different features of each Space will require ingenuity and nerves of steel!
The five main characters in Treasure Raiders feature a variety of skills and professions, and players will certainly find one that best suits their style of play and expertise.
Gaijin Entertainment announced today that the next content update to its vehicular combat MMO War Thunder will introduce French Ground Forces. Following the addition of the French Air Force early in November with Update 1.73 “Vive la France”, the French Army will enter the battlefields of War Thunder with dozens of armoured vehicles available from rank I to rank VI. New technology peculiar to French tanks, such as oscillating turrets and drum-fed autoloaders, will open new tactical opportunities to players.
On the early ranks, French tanks are generally well-armoured, which will provide good protection for the small crew of only three men. Most outstanding here are the heavy tanks, the Char B1bis and Char B1ter, which are not only exceptionally well protected, but also offer a large crew and powerful armament. Their low speed and maneuverability however leaves them vulnerable whenever rapid movement is required, e.g. to position correctly against the most powerful cannons or evade airborne attacks. To avoid rockets and bombs, players of the early French heavy tanks will have to pay close attention not only to the battlefield itself, but also to the situation above it.
Post-war vehicles of the French nation feature yet another characteristic new to War Thunder - oscillating turrets. These turrets are divided into two sections, with the upper responsible for cannon elevation and the lower for turret traverse. This ingenious engineering solution significantly reduced the size of the turret, making it a much more difficult target.
The first two tanks in War Thunder that combine both of these new technologies are the AMX-13 SS.11 and the M4A1 FL10, with the latter being a modification of the American Sherman tank. The turrets of both vehicles are equipped with an autoloaded 75mm cannon featuring two six-round drum magazines, allowing each to take a series of 12 shots in quick succession. Due to the long time required to change the two drums, finding a safe place after an attack is important. However the AMX-13 S.11 is also equipped with four guided anti-tank missiles, so even being spotted during reload does not necessarily mean game over.
For more information about these vehicles and other upcoming French tanks, follow the Developer Diaries on War Thunder’s official website here: http://www.warthunder.com/devblog
New mobile games releasing this week (Dec 3rd-10th)
PAPERVILLE PANIC early access release date announced as December 14th, 2017 (AEST).
After a successful demo run at PAX Aus in October, Paperville Panic is now set to release the first lot of content to consumers this December 14th, for HTC Vive users.
“Our aim has been to create content for virtual reality that feels good, not only mechanically, but worth the player's time and money. We’ve got a really solid plan for content updates that we hope show the community that we’re dedicated to the success of VR and of Paperville.”
In development for a little over 10 months, Paperville is Ultimerse’s first title for release.
Find out more at http://store.steampowered.com/app/698790/PAPERVILLE_PANIC/
WEBZEN, a global developer and publisher of free-to-play MMO games, today announced that its full-3D MMORPG MU Online will launch its latest update, Season 12: Part 2, with the new Eldorado server tomorrow.
After the scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 (UTC), the Season 12: Part 2 content update will be available along with 4th Class Quests, a 4th Class Skill Enhance Tree, Master Skill Tree Renewal, a new map named "Deep Dungeon" and a Guide Quest System.
In addition to the new content, the Eldorado server will also go live tomorrow. Eldorado is a new exclusive server that will introduce a city of fabulous wealth and opportunity. In this city, MUtizens will be able to utilise a unique system to gain a high-tier item. Through using a Jewel of Soul or Jewel of Bless via NPC Moss, players can receive the high-tier item from a Box of Miracle. Jewels can also be transformed into Archangel Weapons.
The MU Online team will also be holding special events to accompany the launch of the Eldorado server, which will include a Level-Up Ranking event, the Eldorado Expedition and a special Coin of Miracle sale which will run for 4 weeks.
A 4th Class event also awaits players, giving them a chance to get free items such as a Scroll of Sealed Gray Oblivion, Dragon Knight Muun and other bonuses.
Players can also gather the matching symbols dropped from the elemental monster in the new Deep Dungeon (floors 4-5). These can be combined into an elemental box, which will give players a chance to obtain a Pentagram.
Furthermore, players will be able to take part in the Roulette Ranking Event to spin the dimensional roulette wheel and get the best rewards in the realm, such as a +11 Holyangel Mastery Set (+15 Stat, +Luck), +11 Wings of Conqueror, Ruud, items and much more. These rewards are not available in Eldorado.
Meanwhile, players who pre-registered for Eldorado will also find rewards, consisting of a Normal Scroll Package (7 Days), a Seal of Ascension 2 (7 Days) and [Bound] Bless of Light (Higher) x10 on the new server tomorrow.
For further information on upcoming features and ongoing events, interested players are invited to check out MU Online's official website at: http://muonline.webzen.com/, and join the official Facebook community at: https://www.facebook.com/MUWEBZEN/ .
Isle of Doom Survival
The story takes the player to the Isle of Doom, once known as Allerac Island. It used to be a beautiful place full of ancient temples, exotic creatures, and home to a bustling Port city. People of all kinds came to see the island's stunning locales. However, on one ominous day, a dark mist appeared and swallowed the entire island along with the sea that surrounds it. Ships that sailed into the mist were never heard of again and not a single person who dared enter it has ever come back to tell of its secrets. No one knows the fate of those on the island, but many believe that the place was cursed and now refer to the island as the Isle of Doom. The Angels are now sending their strongest warriors to uncover the truth behind this tragedy.
Dangerous 10-Minute Matches
By challenging rivals from all servers in seasons, players are sure to face a more fierce battle experience than ever before. Each new season starts on the 8th of each month and will run for 20 days. The event can be accessed daily from 02:00 - 10:00 in the morning and 14:00 - 22:00 in the evening (US Eastern Time). Players can queue up on their own or in pairs. Each match will have 20 players and will last 10 minutes.
Players can kill monsters and other players to level up and get equipment and skills to increase their power. More EXP will be rewarded when killing higher level players Players will also lose EXP when they die and each of their equipment has a 50% chance to lose.
In the first 3 matches of the day, the top 14 players will be promoted while the bottom 6 will not change. Starting from the 4th match of the day, the top 8 ranked players will be promoted, the middle 6 players will not change, and the bottom 6 players will be relegated. There is a reward for reaching a division for the first time in each season. The season and divisions will reset every month.
League of Angels II is a 3D browser MMORPG developed and released by Yoozoo Games, which is recognized by Facebook as one of 2016’s Best Web Games. The game features an innovative battle system that mixes action, strategy, and RPG elements to enable a wide variety of gameplay styles. Supported by great visuals and an epic fantasy storyline, this is one game you won’t want to miss. The access to Isle of Doom opens to players at level 85 or higher. Get yourself ready before the start of this season!
About Yoozoo Games
Yoozoo Games, formerly Youzu Interactive, is a global entertainment company specializing in game development and distribution. The company is headquartered in Shanghai with offices in London, Berlin, Hong Kong, Singapore, and other major cities. Since its founding in 2009, YOOZOO has launched a multitude of highly successful products and forged a global distribution network.
League of Angels II: Official Site l acebook l Twitter l YouTube
Mixed reality specialist studio, Curiscope today launched their first VR game, Operation Apex; an accessible VR underwater exploration and adventure game developed in partnership with HTC Vive Studios. Operation Apex is a direct sequel to 'Great White Sharks', an experience that is now one of the most looked at Virtual Reality experiences of all time having received over 26m views to date.
Dive with the world’s leading marine biologists and take on the role of research assistant on a mission to find the largest Great White Shark ever seen! Revel in the beauty of the ocean world and discover all kinds of species as VR scientists work their way up the food chain edging closer to the mighty Great White. By collecting data from marine life on each VR expedition, players will reveal the impact humans are having on the ocean’s delicate ecosystem.
Operation Apex has been created with advice and guidance from some of the world’s leading ocean scientists including Oceans Research, a leading research and conservation organisation based in South Africa. Dr Enrico Gennari noted, “We often forget that actually, the best way to conserve is to have people caring about an issue, falling in love with a species, or even just changing perspective about it. I immediately loved the idea of being able to contribute to this project, as I saw a tool to reach a large audience, using a game to teach about the marine environment and the importance of every creature in it.”
Curiscope was founded on the belief that Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies offer a unique way to connect more closely with the world around us. The world’s oceans will, by 2050, contain more plastic than fish by mass, and there has never been a more important time to connect us to this foreign environment.
Chris Chin, Executive Producer at Vive Studios added, “For the first time, people of all ages are able to interact and engage in close encounters with the magnificent and often misunderstood shark species…without any concerns. We’re excited to partner with Curiscope to launch this stunning VR experience in time for the Holidays. From discovering the impact on our ocean ecosystem to ‘swimming with the sharks’, Apex offers a truly unique, fun learning VR adventure for the whole family - and it will leave you with a newfound appreciation of our precious seas.”
Operation Apex will be available for purchase through Steam and Viveport from 11th December. It will initially be compatible with the HTC Vive and will retail at £15.49 / $19.99 / €19.99
Independent developer Saber Interactive has announced World War Z, a new four-player cooperative game inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film franchise. Featuring massive swarms of zombies who rush their living prey, World War Z is in production for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.
“World War Z is a name synonymous with heart-pounding fear and action, and we’re excited to finally capture that energy in a fast-paced and gruesome experience crafted specifically for modern consoles and PC,” said Saber Interactive CEO Matt Karch.
World War Z’s co-op campaign focuses on unique survivor stories and missions around the globe, including New York, Moscow and Jerusalem. Use traps, barriers and the environment strategically to stay alive while unleashing a storm of firepower with a variety of weapons on the unrelenting hordes of the undead.
"Saber has tons of experience working on high-quality games and they've done a great job capturing the massive, frantic hordes of 'zekes' that sets our franchise apart,” said Bil Bertini, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Licensing for Paramount Pictures. “They have created a fiercely original experience in the rich universe of World War Z that fans are sure to love.”
World War Z is expected to release in 2018.
"I know a lot of you are thinking that this sounds kinda silly and kinda ridiculous," Kaplan said in a video about the event, which you can watch below. "Well, I'm here to tell you it absolutely is. But the point of some of these seasonal brawls is just to be fun and light and refreshing for a short period of time."
"Winter Wonderland" arrives on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One on December 12th.
Grinding Gear Games announced today that it has released a brand new expansion for its award-winning game, Path of Exile (at 12 noon Pacific Time). Path of Exile: War for the Atlas is available now on PC, with an Xbox One version launching later in December.
Path of Exile: War for the Atlas features 32 new randomized maps and a host of new challenges and rewards as players find themselves caught between two powerful entities battling for the control of Wraeclast - The Elder and The Shaper.
The latest expansion of the hit ARPG also is the first official European release with nine supported languages including German, French and Spanish, and Europe-specific payment methods.
War for the Atlas Features:
- War for the Atlas: A mysterious entity known only as The Elder haunts the Atlas, spreading decay and battling The Shaper for control.
- The Atlas, Redrawn: Find your way to the centre of the Atlas through new paths and discover new challenges along the way. War for the Atlas adds 32 randomized maps to Path of Exile's ever-evolving end-game.
- New Bosses: Along with deadly encounters at the end of each new map, this expansion introduces the four Elder Guardians, whom you must defeat before you are able to face the Elder himself.
- New End-game Items: As the war between the Shaper and Elder rages, challenge their control of the Atlas to find exclusive new rare items that have special properties: Shaped Items and Elder Items.
- Endless Character Customization: Find four new Skill Gems designed around necromancy, six new Support Gems and over fifty new Unique Items.
- Abyss League: Coinciding with the launch of Path of Exile: War for the Atlas, we're introducing the Abyss Challenge League. Fight ancient foes that spill forth from the cracks beneath your feet as you journey across Wraeclast, and claim valuable new Abyss Jewels to customise your characters and items in new ways.
- Available on Xbox One and PC: Both Path of Exile: War for the Atlas and the Abyss Challenge League are coming to PC and Xbox One. And, of course, both are 100% free to play.
- Now Available in German, French and Spanish: This expansion also marks our official release in Europe, increasing the total number of supported languages to nine and adding Europe-specific payment methods.
Eager adventurers can now set out in search of Legendary Weapons, mysterious treasures, and 135 alluring new cards hidden deep underground in Kobolds & Catacombs™—the latest expansion for Hearthstone®, Blizzard Entertainment’s smash-hit digital card game.
The deadliest hazards of all await players in Kobolds & Catacombs’ new and completely free single-player mode: Dungeon Runs. These high-stakes subterranean adventures are inspired by the iconic fantasy dungeon crawl, and they’re never the same experience twice. Those brave enough to embark on these challenges can earn three free Kobolds & Catacombs card packs by completing a series of introductory quests. Players who complete a full Dungeon Run with all nine classes will also earn the “Candle King” card back—indisputable proof that they’ve mastered one of Hearthstone’s most daunting challenges yet.
“Kobolds & Catacombs harkens back to the type of old-school fantasy-gaming experience that many of us at Blizzard and in the community grew up on,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We think players are going to love the new cards and testing their mettle in Dungeon Runs, and we can’t wait to see how deck strategies evolve with the new mechanics we’ve added with this set.”
Kobolds & Catacombs is available now for Windows® and Mac® PCs; Windows, iOS, and Android™ tablets; and iOS and Android phones. Card packs can be purchased individually or in discounted bundles from the in-game Shop for gold or real-world currency at the same price as all other Hearthstone card packs. Players now have the chance to win Kobolds & Catacombs card packs as quest rewards or prizes in the Arena, and can also craft cards from the expansion by using Arcane Dust collected from disenchanting unwanted cards.
For a limited time, players who log in to Hearthstone will receive three free Kobolds & Catacombs card packs to celebrate the launch of the expansion—in addition to the ones earned from the introductory Dungeon Run quests.
Visit www.koboldsandcatacombs.com to learn more about the expansion and prepare yourself for the hazards and horrors that await you in the depths below Azeroth.
In Kobolds & Catacombs™, the new expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s smash-hit digital strategy card game Hearthstone®, Azeroth’s boldest adventurers will embark on an unforgettable expedition inspired by the classic fantasy dungeon crawl. Players will delve deep into the vast underground caverns unearthed by those notorious, pesky Kobolds, where they’ll discover all manner of treacherous traps, long-forgotten monsters, and glorious treasure with 135 new cards to collect.
DELVE INTO THE UNKNOWN
The Kobolds have been digging beneath Azeroth for thousands of years, and along the way they’ve discovered ancient artifacts—and terrifying monsters. Intrepid explorers who fully explore the dungeons will surely discover treasure beyond imagination . . . if they survive! Dungeon Runs are a new single-player mode coming with Kobolds & Catacombs where you’ll defeat dastardly bosses and collect their loot to build a deck that will keep you alive as you go deeper and deeper into the catacombs.
LEGENDARY TREASURES AWAIT
With tons of new mobile games and updates rolling out every day, it is challenging to find the best new games for your mobile devices among all kinds of choices. To help out, we round up five awesome games we think are worth downloading and playing this week.
To find out more, you can also check out last week’s recommended mobile games.
Portal Knights is a cooperative 3D sandbox action-RPG in which you can level up character and craft powerful gear to defeat your enemies in real-time tactical combat. In addition, you can also explore dozens of randomly-generated islands and restore peace to a world torn, craft your adventure, forge your hero, and become the ultimate Portal Knight.
Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team
Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team is a football simulation game you can play on your mobile devices. In this game, you can pick those iconic players from the well-known comics, create your own unique dream team, and battle it out against other users from around the world.
Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team not only features competitive mode but also a story mode, taking yourself back to Tsubasa's middle school days and relive some nostalgic memories.
Reigns: Her Majesty
Reigns: Her Majesty is the revolutionary follow-up to the smash swipe ‘em up hit Reigns. A cultural renaissance has bestowed the world with a new era of knowledge and enlightenment but greed and jealousy still conspire against the benevolent queen. Outwit and outlast those that would seek to depose you and your husband by swiping left or right, making just (or unjust) decisions on all manner of royal matters.
In this game, you need to maintain the balance between the kingdom’s most powerful factions, use mystical items from your inventory, and navigate the increasingly complex politics and personal relationships of your dynasty.
Getting Over it
It's called Getting Over It and it's a single player experience that can take you between 2 hours and forever to complete. It's made by the developer of QWOP, so you know it's going to be rage-inducing. See, you are controlling a man who, for some reason, is stuck in a huge pot from the waist down. In his hands, he has a long hammer. It is that hammer you need to use to move around by swinging it, you can pull yourself towards or push yourself away from objects.
Amazing Katamari Damacy
Developed by Bandai Namco, Amazing Katamari Damacy is a cosmic endless runner. In this game, you need to help the Prince in this amazing adventure, collect thousands of objects, and team up with your royal cousins on a mission to restore the galaxy. Rush through lovely levels and help the King of All Cosmos to win back the Queen’s heart.
Asmodee Digital and Fantasy Flight Interactive today announced they are partnering to bring The Lord of the Rings™: The Card Game to PC, as a digitally optimized adaption of the best-selling Living Card Game® from Fantasy Flight Games.
Fantasy Flight Games revolutionized tabletop card games with the highly successful The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. As a Living Card Game, The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game relied on a fixed distribution of cards to remove randomness from the purchase model and brought players deeper into The Lord of the Rings universe with a focus on immersive, narrative-driven experiences. Now, Fantasy Flight Interactive brings that same philosophy to the digital card game market with The Lord of the Rings Living Card Game—a completely unique digital card game with a non-randomized approach to card purchasing and a focus on cooperative, story-based gameplay.
As a single-player experience, The Lord of the Rings Living Card Game tasks players with leading a team of three heroes through a series of narrative campaigns across Middle-earth as they face off against the dark forces of Sauron, controlled by the computer. Players will forge their own fellowships and build decks comprised of ally, event, and equipment cards to face challenges that test their willpower, knowledge, tactics and leadership. In the future, The Lord of the Rings Living Card Game will be expanded to support co-op play, allowing two players to bring their fellowships together and fight through quests side-by-side!
The Lord of the Rings Living Card Game will launch first into Early Access via Steam, as a single-player-only game in the coming months. The game will be launched as a full free-to-play release in 2018.
For more information:
Veteran independent game studio, MunkyFun is bringing their tabletop war arena game for PSVR, League of War: VR Arena to this year's PlayStation Experience.
League of War: VR Arena is a new game based on the successful League of War franchise making its debut on the PSVR platform.
“We’re excited to bring League of War: VR Arena to this year’s PlayStation Experience event,” said Nick Pavis, CEO, and Co-Founder of MonkeyFun Inc. “We are looking forward to sharing a new action-packed experience with PlayStation Nation.”