Articles on this Page
- 05/02/17--05:12: _Ashes of Creation W...
- 05/03/17--06:02: _Lineage 2: Revoluti...
- 05/03/17--06:02: _Take a Look at the ...
- 05/03/17--06:02: _Shroud Of Souls Thr...
- 05/03/17--06:02: _Creativerse: the Mi...
- 05/03/17--06:02: _Black Desert Online...
- 05/03/17--06:02: _Guild Wars 2 Second...
- 05/04/17--02:23: _Ashes of Creation B...
- 05/04/17--02:23: _Snail Games Is Taki...
- 05/04/17--02:23: _Lilith Games Announ...
- 05/04/17--02:23: _Here's a WoW Inspir...
- 05/04/17--03:16: _DK Online Now on St...
- 05/04/17--19:31: _Lineage 2: Revoluti...
- 05/04/17--19:31: _Kritika Online West...
- 05/04/17--21:43: _Activision Blizzard...
- 05/05/17--01:21: _Watch Conan O'Brien...
- 05/05/17--01:21: _Overwatch's "P...
- 05/05/17--03:22: _Japanese Style Card...
- 05/06/17--01:58: _Path of Exile: The ...
- 05/06/17--01:58: _Overwatch and Heart...
- 05/02/17--05:12: Ashes of Creation Was Funded on Kickstarter in Less Than 12 Hours
- 05/03/17--06:02: Take a Look at the Fantasy Bestiaries in Rend
- New Story: The Cloaked Ascendancy has fallen, giving way to a new foe with plans to raise an army of wraiths to her side. Adventurers must battle evil spectral foes while traversing areas rife with spirits to overcome a necromancer.
- New Loadouts Feature: Adventurers can now create gear loadouts to suit all of Neverwinter’s activities. Whether it’s dungeon delving, skirmishes, Strongholds, or PvP, quick swapping loadouts will get players between the activities they enjoy faster than ever.
- New Strongholds Siege: Building off of The Cloaked Ascendancy’s dynamic “The Illusionist’s Gambit” skirmish, this new Siege event pits adventurers against several waves of enemies. After they’re defeated, adventurers will be able to continue defending their Stronghold or take their current rewards to bolster its advancement.
- Customizable Guild Halls: Customizable Guild Halls give adventurers an all-new social space, as well as the opportunity to relive their adventures by showcasing their achievements in Neverwinter.
- 05/03/17--06:02: Black Desert Online Steam Launch Date Announced
- 05/03/17--06:02: Guild Wars 2 Second Expansion Has Leaked Online - Tons of Images
- 05/04/17--02:23: Ashes of Creation Blows Past $1 Million; New Backer Rewards
- 05/04/17--02:23: Snail Games Is Taking Back Age of Wulin Publishing Right in Europe
- 5 Playable Races including Dwarfs, Humans, and Lich.
- 20 Hero units that can use special abilities in battle.
- 6 Kingdoms to fight for or against.
- Over 150 Units to train and recruit.
- Real-time combat with abilities and spells.
- RPG card system for abilities.
- RPG elements including hero and troop progression.
- Persistent Map means battles are fought over persistent real locations.
- Guild Cities, and Siege warfare.
- Territory warfare.
- Send out resource carts to bring home resources.
- Help Allies by reinforcing their city walls or lending them troops in battle.
- Freedom of choice - Stay and level up your city, fight PVE monsters or head to real-time PVP battles.
- 05/04/17--19:31: Lineage 2: Revolution Will Launch Globally in June 2017
- 05/04/17--19:31: Kritika Online Western Closed Beta Date and Founders Pack Announced
- Blizzard games have hit 41 million monthly active users, up 58% y-o-y
- Blizzard’s revenues from in‐game content grew more than 25% y‐o‐y, driven by World of Warcraft and Overwatch's cash shop sales.
- Activision games monthly active player number down to 48 million, due to expected softness from last year’s Infinite Warfare release
- King (developer of Candy Crush Saga) games MAU also got a decline to 342 million
- 05/05/17--03:22: Japanese Style Card Game Shadowverse Hits 9 Million Downloads
Ashes of Creation is one of the most anticipated MMOs now and the game reached $512,709 on Kickstarter in 5 hours, and got funded ($750,000) in less than 12 hours explained everything. Now as of this post is published, over $785,000 has been raised and there are 31 days left.
Now stretch goals have been added. At $1 million there will be parlor games feature that allows players to play tarvern games like... Gwent? Naval content and ocean exploration will be developed if the developer raises $1.5 million.
Ashes of Creation is trying to revive the declining MMORPG genre and it's described as the rebirth of the MMORPG by the developer. The game is pillared by a core system called Nodes. As players adventure and complete their day-to-day goals, their experience is being captured by a Node through its Zone of Influence. As players level up, so do these Nodes. With enough experience a Node might become a village, a city, or with enough effort even a metropolis. As these population centers open up, players can establish citizenship through in-Node housing, instanced housing, or our Freehold system.
Netmarble CEO Kwon Young-sik told in a press conference that Lineage 2: Revolution will be released in Japan in the third quarter and in China in Q4. "We are preparing to release the localized version of the game in the two countries. We want to be firmly positioned as a global major game developer in various genres," Kwon said.
Meanwhile, the Korean version received a large update which introduces new siege contents into the world of Aden. You can watch the new cinematic trailer below.
Frostkeep Studios' multiplayer survival RPG Rend continues to invite new players to the alpha and on the other hand it keeps disclosing new gameplay details. The developer has posted at the forum some new screenshots captured in the alpha, showing various in-game creatures. You will see:
- cave bears . These formidable animals gladly tear your character to pieces;
- boars . Do not underestimate these adversaries, as they may impose on you their tusks;
- chokobopodobnyh birds . These creatures are quite good runners;
- moose . Graceful and far from defenseless animals;
- fireflies, dragonflies . They are and strive to get you on the shoulder or head;
- mammoths, buffalo . Huge creatures, preferring to walk in packs;
- horned dinosaurs, lizards . Beware of these predators, strolling in the zones;
- spiders . Unpleasant arthropods wishing you drag yourself into the slot;
- spirits and terror . The first - represent a bundle of energy and light, and the second - are the epitome of horror and fear, with a fairly long arms;
- wolves . Eternally hungry and ferocious monsters, throws players.
Also in the future you can expect to see cave rats, reckoning monsters, new variations of wolves and creatures of the Eternal Wastes.
Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced the Shroud of Souls update for Neverwinter : The Cloaked Ascendancy is available today for PC. This update for the free-to-play MMORPG based on the Dungeons & Dragons franchise brings quality of life improvements to Strongholds guilds, co-op and competitive gameplay, and will also arrive on consoles at a later date.
Watch the latest Shroud of Souls Vlog from Neverwinter's Lead Designer below ：
The events of The Cloaked Ascendancy have unleased something sinister below the River District. A dragonborn necromancer has taken control of an artifact known as the Shroud of Souls , allowing her to summon an army of wraiths to overwhelm Neverwinter. Sergeant Knox tasks adventurers with halting this menace before the necromancer recruits powerful spirits to lead her ghostly army.Shroud of Souls brings the story of the Cloaked Ascendancy to an end and introduces several features to Neverwinter, including an all-new adventure, the long-awaited Loadouts feature, a new Stronghold Siege event, a customizable Guild Hall social space and more.
A breakdown of new features coming with the Shroud of Souls update can be found below :
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its nearby lands, learning the vivid history of the Forgotten Realms while battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is available on PC and is free to play digitally on Xbox One (with Xbox Live Gold) and PS4 (PlayStation Plus not required).
Join the public world that hosts thousands of players or create your own private server and invite your friends, you can shape, change and interact with the world of Creativerse in your own ways. The MineCraft style MMO will graduate from Early Access and formally launch on May 8, 2017.
Creativerse has a living, dynamic world with day/night cycles, temperature, weather, liquids, materials, environmental growth and spawning. While exploring the world, you have the power to manipulate and transform the land, and you can also harvest crops, tame beasts, brew potions, cook food, and engineer mechanical marvels.
The game has over 400 different pieces you can use to build your own world, and it provides advanced tools to allow you to program complex interactions like creature spawning, block manipulation, dialogues, custom checkpoints and much more. You can share your creation of course.
Creativerse is free to play with DLC. You can download the game now on Steam.
According to MMORPG.com, PearlAbyss has told them Black Desert Online will land on Steam on May 24. The official announcement will come soon and now there isn't any other detail except for the release date and 13 playable classes. The BDO Steam page will go live soon and you can't visit it now but can bookmark it in advance: http://store.steampowered.com/app/582660/Black_Desert_Online/
What do you think the price will be? And do you think it'd be blocking certain regions? Below is an abstract of the press release:
Choose from one of 13 unique classes and create your character using the incredibly precise customization tools before entering the bustling world of Black Desert Online. Will you become a slayer of massive beasts? A wealthy trader? A master horse tamer? In this enormous open world lies a journey that will amaze MMO veterans and newcomers alike.- Beautifully designed open world that’s as expansive as it is alive
- Heart-pounding skill-based combat
- Unprecedented character customization with incredible detail
- Crisp next-generation graphics
- Extensive open-world PvP modes (Arena mode, guild vs guild, node wars, castle siege, and more)
- Engaging story with deep lore and epic quests
- Unique farming system - grow and perfect your crops
- Personalized stable - catch, tame, and breed wild horses
- Deep crafting, housing, fishing, hunting, and alchemy systems
- Intuitive action gameplay complete with gamepad support
- Frequently updated with enormous free expansions
Guild Wars 2 is getting the second massive expansion coming on the way. ArenaNet hasn't announced it but they have to seriously deal with the massive leak on Reddit now. Tons of images regarding the new maps, new mounts, new weapons and abilities for existing classes and more. Take a look.
You can see all images at imgur.
In response, the team posted their first backer reward - when they hit 6,500 backers, everyone who backed them regardless of backer level, will receive a pet kitten or puppy. So cute! I shall hope for a Siamese skin. As I am still watching the numbers tick upwards, I feel certain they will reach that 6,500 milestone.
They have already posted concept art for their backer mounts, which will be unique to kickstarter - if you like them, better back now because they will be gone forever once the campaign closes! Each mount will have special animations and particle effects, one of them will even display the goods that have been packed into its saddlebag.
The Runic Steed is available at the $50 tier. It has glowing runes across its body, and particle effects on its mane and tail:
The Obsidian Stallion is available at the $100 tier. It is also covered in runes, and has particle effects on its hooves when it runs:
The Spectral Mare is available at $150. It is transparent and emits ghostly mist particles:
The Moonstrider Mule, available at $250, has a slower movement speed, but it will be able to hold transport packs for players who participate in the caravan system:
And the legendary $500 Dawnbreaker, which can glide and change colors based on player's mood:
European Server Merging with Age of Wushu North American Server. Don't be confused, even though this is a "server merge", players from Age of Wulin will have their own server.
For more information about the publisher change and character/server migration, please check the source link below.
Source: Age of Wulin Announcement
Are you still playing this game? Will you still continue playing it or are you looking forward for Age of Wushu 2? Please tell us in the comment section below!
Heroes Tactics developer Lilith Games have announced an all new mobile MMORTS that seeks to push the genre forward on the mobile device platform. Art Of Conquest allows players real-time control over their units in battle giving players an unprecedented level of control and customization in the genre.
Art Of Conquest allows players to build their own city and join large guilds. Once players have trained their armies and recruited their heroes, they can take part in real-time strategy combat with an in-built card system for abilities. These cards can be used to activate abilities to stem the tide of battle and give you an advantage at a critical moment.
Players will be able to engage in large-scale battles with over 500 units on screen at once. With five playable races to choose from, 20 hero units, over 150 unit types and real-time PVP battles, the stage is set for one of the most exciting and innovative mobile titles of the year.
"As strategy game fans, we hope Art of Conquest can bring a new experience and vision to the genre. In AoC, the players no longer play on an abstract map like in other games, but instead on a real interactive world. It's a strategy game that's about taking your lord through this fantasy world and reacting to what is happening around you.See you in Nore!" Said David Du, the Lead producer.
Combat is the part the game is sold for. Most actions requires actual body movements, and you need to actually draw and release a bow to shoot an arrow, or move your body to left/right to actually dodge an incoming fireball in the game. You can team up with up to 5 players to fight dungeon monsters with spells. Currently the game has 4 playable classes: Mage, Warlock, Archer and Preist. There's no melee class at the moment and that means the combat is like shooter game, and you are going to cast spells or shoot arrows to the mobs.
The game is scheduled to release for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PSVR. You can watch below another gameplay trailer or visit the Steam greenlight page to learn more.
Do you remember DK (Dragon Knights) Online, the medieval fantasy MMO which was published by Aeria Games before? Now the game plans to make a return via the Steam platform, and will you help it to get Greenlit?
Apparently DK Online is for fans of old-school grinding MMOs and siege battles. The game allows players to customize their characters by selecting the race and its specific classes. Players can get their hands on traditional MMO features such as quests, PvP, siege, crafting, guilds and there's a noble system.
The demise of the Elmoreden Empire ushered in an age of darkness. The different territories each declared their independence from the Empire, leading to bloody skirmishes in the conquest to claim sovereignty over the lands.
Of these, one struck fear in the hearts of all. They were the powerful Dark Society, led by Beleth, the user of black magic. The Dark Society believed that true authority stemmed from the terror that power instills in the weaker, and they began to conspire in secret to bring chaos to the world.
They were the ones who convinced the proud Emperor Baium of Elmoreden to build his Tower of Insolence. Before malice and dark energy could permeate the land, Hardin, a powerful sorcerer second only to Beleth, stood in the way of the Dark Society.
Hardin had been keeping an eye on the Dark Society’s activities, and he was able to successfully stop their plan from coming into fruition. Over time, however, his efforts alone were inadequate to staving off the Dark Society’s advances, and he decided to gather allies who could help him.
Thus the Silverlight Mercenaries were born. A new chapter in history begins when the main character joins the Silverlight Mercenaries by chance.
Character highlight - Human
Character highlight - Elf
Character highlight - Dark Elf
Character highlight - Dwarf
Related: Lineage 2 Revolution - A Must Play! An In-Depth Review
Kritika Online is free to play and like many F2P titles today, it offers Founders' Pack to players who want guaranteed beta access and other in-game rewards and benefits. Founders' Packs start at $15 and it's currently on sale. Learn more details here.
Activision Blizzard just reported the most profitable quarter in the company's history with record-breaking $1.73 billion GAAP net revenues for the first quarter of 2017. The CEO of Activision Blizzard Bobby Kotick says the success is largely owed to Overwatch, the team-based shooter with more than 30 million players worldwide.
Some interesting numbers for Q1 inclue:
Check out the full report if you are interested in knowing more.
The latest episode of Conan O'Brien's video series Clueless Gamer was about the VR horror game Wilson's Heart that's just released in April for Oculus Rift + Touch. This time Conan O'Brien delves into the black and white world of the game to experience the adventure inspired by classic horror and monster movies.
Even if you don't play any VR game, you shouldn't miss this fun video from where you can see the advantages and disadvantages of VR gaming nowadays.
Related: VR Psychological Thriller Wilson’s Heart Gets 45 Minutes of Gameplay
Take a look at this Overwatch"Play of the Game", it's not for Tracer, Reaper, or Mercy, but for Sim Sang-jung, the South Korean president candidate currently running her campaign. After her opponent Moon Jae-in published 2 free custom maps of StarCraft to the public, she picked up Overwatch and hoped to receive more votes from the gamer community. Watch the video below.
I'm so impressed that video game has such as a huge influence in South Korea society.
Released in June last year, Shadowverse has just hit the 9 million download milestone. To commemorate the achievement, the Japanese develoepr Cygames is giving away players 9 free card packs for the Tempest of the Gods expansion.
To get the card packs, you just have to log in Shadowverse before May 25. If it's the first time you play this game, you can complete the tutorial to receive gifts.
And the news does not end there: the developer also announced the arrival of 3 new chapters in the story, including story content for Arisa, Erika, and Luna. Shadowverse will also kick off a collaboration with Street Fighter V, bringing new Leader Packs with Leader skin, emblem, and a set of card sleeves or card protector.
For more information, visit the official site.
Path of Exile's upoming expansion The Fall of Oriath (or Path of Exile 3.0) will introduce in 6 new acts and many new areas. The developer doesn't forget the existing areas. They just released a new preview video showing the enhanced environment visuals.
Being the game's largest expansion to date, The Fall of Oriath not just adds 6 new acts but also new Pantheon system that allows players to activate divine powers for defensive bonuses. But to get the divine powers, players must have to defeat certain gods (there are 16 gods in the expansion, each of which grant a power.)
The Fall of Oriath is expected to release in early July 2017.
Chinese government has carried out the law to force game companies to reveal the odds of loot boxes and card packs in their games. Starting May 1, many online games operated in China has revealed the information, including Overwatch and Hearthstone.
Each loot box contains 4 items, and the odds for different rarities are as below:
Rare: Each loot box contains at least one Rare (or better) quality item.
Epic: You can receive an Epic quality item for every 5.5 loot boxes in average. (drop rate: 18.18%)
Legendary: You can receive one Legendary quality item for every 13.5 loot boxes in average. (drop rate: 7.4%)
Every Hearthstone card pack includes 5 cards, The drop rates are:
Rare: Each card pack contains at least one Rare (or better) quality card.
Epic: You can receive an Epic quality card for every 5 card packs in average. (drop rate: 20%)
Legendary: You can receive one Legendary quality item for every 20 card packs in average. (drop rate: 5%)